A good pain relieving CBD massage oil starts with a fast-acting, deep-penetrating carrier oil
Any pain relieving CBD massage oil MUST have a good carrier oil or carrier oil blend. In this case, we are using Jojoba Oil. Jojoba oil is one of the best carrier oils to use because of its similar composition to sebum and ability to limit the amount of sebum our skin produces. Sebum overproduction is what clogs your pores and leads to acne and other skin blemishes, so using a carrier oil that closely mimics sebum has several major upsides.
- It balances oily skin and helps to tell your body that to stop producing sebum. This helps to reduce oily skin at its core.
- It is absorbed easily by the skin reaching your blood stream much faster than many other carrier oils.
- Jojoba oil is non-greasy and will not leave your skin feeling oily after it is fully absorbed.
You can also mix a few different carrier oils together to make your own preferred blend such as Sweet Almond Oil or Apricot Kernel Oil. More on this later. When you want deep relief, you need a good carrier oil to facilitate this. Now for the essential oils.
Pain-relieving essential oils do the hard work
Choosing the right essential oils for your massage oil is my favorite part. There are so many different oils with different effects and benefits that you can make one everyday and never have to use the same recipe. Peppermint, Lavender, Frankincense, Clary Sage, Chamomile, Rosemary Sweet Marjoram, Cinnamon, Bergamot.. the list truly goes on and on. So don't be afraid to be experimental. You never know what you will discover. Let's explore a few of the most used oils in massage oils.
Frankincense essential oil
- Frankincense has a sweet, slightly-woody, balsamic aroma that mixes well with many essential oils.
- Its helps to calm and ease the mind.
- Frankincense is known for its stress and pain relieving properties.
- Frankincense has the ability to prevent the production of molecules that cause inflammation and pain, especially for arthritis and other inflammatory
- For achy and sore muscles and joints, Frankincense is a true relieving powerhouse.
Lavender essential oil
- Smells wonderful with its calming floral aromas - aromatic relief is powerful and it is a medium note used in MANY massage oils.
- Lavender is a well known for its calming properties on the mind, but those effects extend well beyond the mind.
- Lavender helps to calm the muscles as well, soothing and easing away spasms and tension.
- Lavender has anti-aging properties so it is a superb oil to add to most massage oils for the skin care benefits - after all we are rubbing these oils all over our bodies when we get massages- might as well help your skin in the process!
Peppermint essential oil
- Peppermint has a warm, minty aroma that is a sweet addition to most pain relief topicals and oils.
- Peppermint has a cooling, soothing effect with its menthol-rich terpene blend.
- The impact on pain is fast and noticeable as it soothes and relieves.
Copaiba essential oil
- Copaiba has a woody, sweet, balsamic scent.
- Copaiba has anti-inflammation and pain relieving properties
Note: I love copaiba. I use it several times a week neat on my skin or orally to help with pain and inflammation during the day. Most essentials oils are too harsh for direct skin use but copaiba is one that I will use quite religiously.
Clary Sage essential oil
- Clary Sage smells wonderful!
- It has stress relieving and anti-depressant effects
Note: Adding Clary Sage is not necessarily for the pain relief but for the stress relief. A good massage not only will reduce the pain but leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, mentally and physically.
WHY USE ESSENTIAL OILS WITH INFUSED HEMP?
- Adds increased pain and inflammation relief
- Adds antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal protection
- Increases muscle relaxation
- Increase mental relaxation
Whether you are adding CBD infused essential oils to a pain relieving massage oil, a bath bomb or a diffuser, the increased benefits will make you wonder why you haven't tried them before. Believe me, they changed my life and allow me to make numerous DIY creations that are much harder when you have to infuse your own CBD!
Those are just a few of my favorite oils to add to massage oils.